I am currently available to give public and private talks to a variety of audiences on topics related to:
- the politics, ideas, and/or culture of the American Revolution
- Americans’ collective memory of the Revolution
- the colonial history of New York City
- the relationship between history, politics, and culture generally throughout American history (including the present)
- the importance of history and historical thinking (as well as the humanities more broadly) to contemporary society
In addition, I have much experience working with K-12 teachers through my work for the Yale National Initiative and the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History and I am especially happy to speak to groups of teachers and/or give content-based workshops for K-12 school teachers teaching social studies and US History at all levels.
For more information, please email me at: mdhattem[dot]gmail[dot]com.